St Michael and All Angels Principles of Assessment
1. Assessment puts the child at the centre of their learning.
2. Assessment is at the heart of high quality teaching which leads to high quality learning for all pupils, which leads to good progress.
3. Assessment is honest, fair, consistent and compares results to both local and national standards.
4. Assessment provides feedback which recognises effort and suggests next steps towards deep and meaningful learning.
5. Assessment is appropriate, manageable and purposeful.
6. Assessment sets consistently high expectations for all learners.
7. Assessment outcomes provide meaningful and understandable information.