Due to the implementation of a new National Curriculum (Septmeber 2014), the way we will assess pupils is changing.
We have sent out leaflets to explain how these changes will impact on your child.
Please download and read the leaflet below.
If there is anything you do not understand or wish to discuss further please speak to a class teacher or Mrs Ralph.
St Michael and All Angels Principles of Assessment
1. Assessment puts the child at the centre of their learning.
2. Assessment is at the heart of high quality teaching which leads to high quality learning for all pupils, which leads to good progress.
3. Assessment is honest, fair, consistent and compares results to both local and national standards.
4. Assessment provides feedback which recognises effort and suggests next steps towards deep and meaningful learning.
5. Assessment is appropriate, manageable and purposeful.
6. Assessment sets consistently high expectations for all learners.
7. Assessment outcomes provide meaningful and understandable information.