At St Michael and All Angels physical exercise is very important. We offer a number of clubs including cricket, football, dodge-ball, dance, cheer-leading, basketball, tag rugby and cross country. In September gymnastics and fencing will also be available. From these clubs we have developed teams that compete with other schools from the local community. Here you will find reports written by the children to let you know how our teams have been getting on.
We have appointed a Sports Crew and a set of enthusiastic Sports Leaders for each year group who will be given responsibility to interview players and record the action-packed accounts from each match or event.
For each competition children are selected to be part of the media team to keep us informed about all the news and events. The media team role involves attending and supporting the team at school competitions as well as tweeting pictures and writing reports which can be seen on our school website.
We have 4 teams at St Michael and All Angels:
We have 8 Sports leaders. 4 children from y5, 2 children from year 3 and 2 children from year 4
School Sport Organising Crew
What is a School Sport Organising Crew?
A School Sport Organising Crew (SSOCrew) is a diverse group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the Sainsbury’s School Games.
Why do we need a School Sport Organising Crew?
A SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
- Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
- Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
- Air views and have opinions listened to.
- Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
- Assist in the development and planning of ‘their’ Sainsbury’s School Games programme of activities — based on student voice and need.
- Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
- • Be valued and seen as an integral part of the workforce.
The SSOCrew should be seen as an essential aspect of developing school sport provision that meets the needs of young people.
Meet the crew...
Dance Festival 28.3.18
Football at Tranmere 7.11.17
Tag Rugby 12.10.17
PCA Masters event with Oxton Cricket Club and Cheshire Cricket Board